8/19/2014

Song of The Moment~BTS~Danger

Bangtan Boys are back and better then ever! Literally the first couple seconds of this video had me speechless. Not only do they all look good but the group plays bad boy really well. Or I should say, jilted ex-lover very well.

"Danger" is a very aggressive song that explores the end of a relationship that has become one-sided. The other person has lost interest in maintaining that relation and stops trying altogether. Clearly, BTS isn't having it and hashes it out with the girl through their words and dance.  Everything from the dance to the verses scream the internal feelings of anger and hurt. I like how they continued the storyline from "Boy In Luv" which showed the first feelings of falling for someone. Through "Danger" we see the gradual fall of the relationship and what went wrong. BTS put in alot of time and patience to make this work but the girl constantly rejected their love and instead used it against them. I find one of the lines from Jungkook's rap to be pretty ironic.

"Whenever I turn sulky you ask me “Are you mad at me?”
  Have you ever really done something to me?
  You are a sweetie! But I’m just a poor boy
"

Instead of taking the blame for not giving parts of herself, the girl turns it around on BTS. Making her the mature one in the relationship when in fact, she's the reason behind their problems. The more I listen to the song, the more I get how personal it really is. Once again, the Bangtan Boys give me another reason to fall for them.

As always I love every member's contributions in this song but my standouts were J-Jope, V, Jungkook, and Suga. We are used to seeing J-Hope always smiling and just being a happy guy onscreen but in this MV, you could feel the anger during his rap verse it was very well done. Suga, as always, was perfect. I could say more but that would be showing my fangirl side which honestly would take over this entire post! V & Jungkook were awesome! Jungkook isn't a bad rapper, he has the right vocal flavor that it works for him. They are starting to give V bigger parts which is great because he has a nice, distinct deep voice that works for them. My overall opinion was that this was a great comeback single. Can't wait til the album comes out!


Danger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment today, I love responding back. I hope you have a lovely day! :)